|Ebook Image Formatting|
- Don’t use text-wrap (pulling text around the image). This will create formatting problems with your picture book when viewed in the reader.
- Don’t ‘float’ pictures in order to position them. Select ‘in line with text.’ This will ensure the image displays as intended in the ereader.
- Don’t use image captions along with images as this will look ugly. Incorporate said text into the main body of the text.
- Don’t use special effects from the Word programme, such as shadows and reflections around images, for this will not be carried over into the Kindle reader and could cause formatting errors.
Follow these steps to insert images into the ebook
- Place the cursor in the location of where the image will be in your book. Ensure to place it on a separate line to the text.
- Click ‘insert’ on the Word toolbar.
- Click ‘picture.’ This will open up your picture browser.
- Select the picture you want.
- Click ‘OK.’
Update on Picture Formatting
In order to prevent dark lines from appearing on your images, you will have to zip your ebook file by the use of Winzip or similar. Read my article on how to compress images for upload onto a self-publishing platform, such as Kindle.
Tips on Formatting Ebooks for Epublishing
Images in my ebook look small on large ereaders
Create a cover for your ebook
How to format text for ebooks
How to upload your ebook with free zip software
How to convert a Word document into an Epub
Writing a book synopsis
Market your book with Adwords
Website on photography