Improving your writing style.
Turn your passive writing into active writing.
How to tighten your novel.
UPDATE: after reading this article, learn how to make your contents go live on Kindle readers.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Chapter 2
Chapter 3 Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Chapter 6
- Navigate to the page where your chapter is located (say chapter 1 is on page 9). Place the curser at the beginning of the chapter heading.
- Click ‘insert bookmark.’ A bookmark box will open. Name your bookmark. For ease, use the same name as the chapter itself. Don’t use spaces. For instance, ‘chapter1.’ Close the box.
- Navigate to the table of contents and highlight the words ‘chapter 1.’
- Right click on the mouse to hyperlink and click on ‘insert in this document.’
- The bookmark box will open again. Highlight the bookmark name (chapter1) and press OK.
- Test the link by clicking on it and see if it takes you to the page concerned (page 9).
Note: if you update the first few chapters of your ebook, the 'look inside' feature will not show these amendments immedialely. Wait a few days and they should catch up.
Now learn how to create a NXS File by converting your book into an Epub that will make the contents go live on the Kindle.
Helpful Tips on Ebook Publishing
How to make the NXS file of the contents page go live on Kindle
Self publishing seems complicated
How do I claim back tax on my royalties?