|click to buy from Amazon|
Lucrative topics, such as insurance, weight loss and financial advice are very competitive markets. Many thousands or even millions of search terms associated with these topics can be found within search results. Adding another website on this theme will be like adding a needle into a haystack.
A webmaster that writes about something he or she doesn’t really care about is unlikely to stick at the project for long, and the lack of enthusiasm will show in the writing.
- Hackneyed and overused ideas should be avoided
- The website should have a strong identity and geared towards a specific audience
- The topic should be one that yields interest to the webmaster
- The topic may be one that the webmaster has had frustration in the past trying to find information about on the web
- Never discount an idea as ridiculous, as one only has to visit Ebay to see that one man’s rubbish is another man’s treasure
- If the webmaster possess a skill or has something to sell, all the better